In 2014, a leading South African Retailer partnered with CatalytIQ to create a programme that would bring together disparate customer initiatives from across the Group to help focus, direct & optimise technology investment.
Through an initial investigation of the landscape, collaborative framing of the business benefits and objectives and creation of a target business blueprint, CatalytIQ initiated a business transformation structured over 3 implementation phases.
This transformation was centered on growing scale, digitising core processes, putting customer data at the heart of the business in order to deliver world class customer experience.
- Working in the capacity of programme management, with direct access to top executives and operational leadership in both business and IT, create clarity of purpose and priority around the customer agenda.
- Drive creation of the vision & work tirelessly to embed & reinforce the vision with executive leadership
- Manage key stakeholders across the organisation from the Board level down to ensure buy-in, support and continued traction
TOOLS & TECHNIQUES
- Build a detailed benefits model around key objectives & linked to strategy – to surface detailed change levers, allow informed decision making and to support rigorous tracking of benefits realisation along the way.
- Conduct impact and maturity assessments of the current world, and develop the target maturity goals.
- Embed customer journey mapping as a competence – use this practice to inform blueprinting.
- Deliver a tangible (visual) framework (blueprint) to support and enable delivery sequencing as well as the investment case.
- Surface critical set of Key Performance Indicators that allow the business to monitor the impact of deliveries on customer experience.
- Drive delivery through agile methods and continuous improvement.
Set up a cross functional team and work across Business Units to manage the decision making.
Immerse into the organisation and work as part of the team.
Remain technology supplier agnostic, but clear on the technical building blocks required – support the business through the various vendor & partner selection processes.
Deliver a tangible (visual) framework (blueprint) to support and enable delivery sequencing as well as the investment case.
Surface critical set of Key Performance Indicators that allow the business to monitor the impact of deliveries on customer experience.
Drive delivery through agile methods and continuous improvement.
- Work is in progress on the first phase of transformation (laying the foundation). Concurrently the team are supporting the business through finalising scope, executive support and funding for the second phase in the organisation’s transformation journey.